To my most favourite Qigong goddesses!
Just over two years ago, I started offering classes and Katrina C, Michelle M and Cathy were there with me! Very shortly after, Glenda, Brenda and Jen joined our circle. Then three more incredibly authentic and beautiful women joined, Michelle C, Katrina K and Jessica. And yesterday, we were all together in the most divine space ever, Michelle's Lotus Garden!
I am still glowing in the aftermath of what transpired yesterday. I have not stopped smiling since yesterday and I keep seeing the image of Michelle M flapping her wings in excitement when, one by one, you entered the door (and I was there right beside her squealing in delight)!
As soon as we sat I knew that we simply had to allow time for a deep sharing, and WOW, was that time well spent! Belly laughter, tears, more belly laughter, more tears...can it get more real than that?
Truly, I am in such awe of the power of sharing and listening with unconditional presence. The energy that began to move in our circle amplified the (shortened) qigong practice that followed. What a GIFT!
As I type this I am drawn to an image of an Aztec Circle of Friends candle holder. The Circle of Friends story originates from a Mayan Indian legend. The clay candle holders that have made it to modern times are based on ancient groups celebrating around actual bonfires; dancing and sharing stories of each other's good qualities and becoming closer to one another.
This is us.
Yesterday morning before class, I meditated on our group and was asked to draw a card from the Lightworker Oracle deck. Many messages that were shared in our circle were also spoken in the message from the card. Hence, I felt the need to share it with you during our meditation (and the other readings I had chosen for today were asked to wait for another day).
SEVENTH RAY OF RITUAL, ORDER & CEREMONY
"When the gift of the Seventh Ray enters your life, something new is being formed, something that will benefit your world. There may be an increased interest in magic, ceremony and ritual for healing purposes. Resonating with high frequency violet light and the Archangel Zadkiel, the Seventh Ray also helps transmute energy from lower to higher frequency. It is a spiritual cleansing agent that allows the truth of spiritual freedom, empowerment and choice to be seen and felt, restoring hope and joy to the heart.
The Seventh Ray is very active upon earth at this time. All of humanity is being affected by it. The Seventh Ray is the push-pull between the old and the new - the life that has been and can no longer continue in that form, and the new - the life that wants to evolve from the old. It honours traditions and ancestral wisdom that serve new life. When the Seventh Ray enters your life, you are asked to balance your attachment to what has been with an openness to the new. It is a time to fearlessly question what has been, honour what continues to hold value for you and dismiss what no longer serves you.
The Seventh Ray also creates form from invisible, intangible spiritual energy. These are the inspired solutions and synchronicities that seem to come out of nowhere. They are signs of the divine order happening. The Seventh Ray brings an alignment with that divine order, and the more you are willing to invoke and allow that energy to bless you, the more your life will align itself with the genius of creativity, solutions and loving opportunities the Universe wants to bring to your world.
The gifts of ritual, order and ceremony are ways to attract this energy. Conscious ceremony, done in service to the unconditional divine love, feeds a need for sacred embodiment. It is the hunger within the soul that many seek to feed through religion - and others through the less conscious rituals of addiction. Ritual can be something that keeps you stuck, or opens you to the sacred.
Choosing a spiritual practice to engage in on a regular basis - creating your own spiritual system - will help you call the genius of the Seventh Ray energy into your life. Your spiritual practice might be a daily prayer followed by a short, conscious dance or yoga session, a meditation, a work in nature , or some combination of these. Find what works for you. Do that regularly. Make it a priority. You can invite Spirit into your life through a simple and ordered system that you do on a regular basis - even if only for five or ten minutes a day. Then the new life, the new you, the order that brings an expansive idea to life in the world, can happen.
The challenge with the Seventh Ray is to not become obsessed with the future, with the new, to the extent that you forget about the valuable aspects of what already is. It is about developing what has value, not rejecting outright anything from the past. The past can teach us wisdom and help us create a more loving future if we allow ourselves to balance our passion for the future with a respect for what has been.
The gift of the Seventh Ray is the ability to live as an embodied, divine presence. For humans who don't trust or even recognize the love of the Divine in their hearts as yet, those who do are great supporters. The Seventh Ray empowers us to use loving ritual to invite divine presence to fill us and our lives. It also teaches us how to use our consciousness to clean up our own energy field and the energy field of the world around us, so the Divine can show its face more clearly. The comfort of this can help free all beings from anguish and suffering.
I now accept, of my own free will, the blessing and grace of the Seventh Ray of Ritual, Order and Ceremony and the assistance of the unconditionally loving masters on this ray, the Violet Flame of St. Germain and Archangel Zadkiel. I open to the magic of creativity, divine genius and the ability to translate spiritual concepts into real world experiences for the greatest good. May I discovered and use my innate power for conscious and loving ritual and ceremony to enrich and invite spiritual presence into the world. May all beings feel safe and consciously held in a loving divine order, according to the great plan of love. Through my own free will, so be it."
- Lightworker Oracle Guidebook, Alana Fairchild
YUMMMMM!! THANK-YOU NICOLE!
Lemony Brown-Butter Crinkle Cookies
Lemon zest and juice add brightness and cut the richness of the brown butter in these cookies. You can make the dough up to two days in advance.
1 hour 55 mins 35 mins Makes 3 dozen
TOTAL TIME PREP YIELD
· 1 stick unsalted butter
· 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
· 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh juice
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high. When it boils, reduce heat to medium; simmer until foamy. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan, until foam subsides, butter turns golden brown with a nutty aroma, and milk solids separate into brown specks that sink to bottom, 2 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to a large heatproof bowl and let cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in another bowl. Stir granulated and brown sugars into brown butter until combined, then stir in eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add flour mixture; stir until a dough forms. Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a disk, and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Scoop 1 tablespoon dough and roll into a ball between your palms; toss with confectioners' sugar (do not shake off excess). Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and confectioners' sugar, leaving 1 inch between each cookie (you will need 2 baking sheets). Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies spread slightly, crackle, and are set at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to rack; let cool completely. Store in a single layer in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Sending such deep love and gratitude to each of you!!